Explore Standard First Aid, CPR, and AED, Eighth Edition from the Emergency Care & Safety Institute!
Check out a sample chapter from Standard First Aid, CPR, and AED, Eighth Edition today:
Tell Me More!
Standard First Aid, CPR, and AED, Eighth Edition is ideal for use within training courses designed to certify individuals in first aid, CPR, and AED. More than a stand-alone text, this student manual is the center of an integrated teaching and learning system that offers many resources to better support instructors and prepare students to learn life-saving skills.
This manual includes:
- Updated content that meets or exceeds the scientific recommendations developed by the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) and is consistent with the CPR and ECC Guidelines as established by the American Heart Association and other resuscitation councils around the world
- Emphasis on life-threatening conditions and focus on critical life-saving skills
- Decision tables that provide a concise summary of what signs to look for and what treatment steps to take during an emergency
- Current information on CPR, AED, injuries, and illnesses
- New and updated content on hemorrhage control, opioid overdose response, compression-only CPR, and COVID-19