This manual is developed for use within health care provider level CPR training courses offered through the Emergency Care & Safety Institute.
Based on the 2010 International Consensus Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Emergency Cardiac Care (ECC), Health Care Provider CPR, Fourth Edition is ideal for use within courses designed to certify health care providers in CPR and AED. More than a stand-alone text, this student manual is the center of an integrated teaching and learning system that offers many resources to better support instructors and prepare students. This manual includes:
- Coverage of the 2010 CPR and ECC Guidelines: Clear, concise direction on how to perform CPR and use an AED during an emergency.
- Skill Drills: Offer step-by-step explanations and visual summaries of important skills.
- Emergency Care Wrap-Up Tables: Provide a concise summary of what signs first aiders should look for and what treatment steps they should take.
About the Emergency Care & Safety Institute
The Emergency Care & Safety Institute (ECSI) is an internationally renowned organization that provides training and certifications that meet job-related requirements as defined by regulatory authorities such as OSHA, The Joint Commission, and state offices of EMS, Education, Transportation, and Health. ECSI’s courses are delivered throughout a range of industries and markets worldwide, including colleges and universities, business and industry, government, public safety agencies, hospitals, private training companies, and secondary school systems. ECSI offers world-class training solutions in the areas of:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Automated External Defibrillation
- Babysitter Safety
- Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens
- CPR (Layperson and Health Care levels)
- Driver Safety
- Emergency Medical Responder (formerly known as First Responder)
- First Aid (Standard, Advanced, Pediatric, Wilderness, and other levels)
- Oxygen Administration