This manual is developed for use within first aid training courses offered through the Emergency Care & Safety Institute.
Based on the latest first aid guidelines, First Aid, Sixth Edition is ideal for use within courses designed to certify individuals in first aid and fulfill workplace training requirements. More than a stand-alone text, this student manual is the center of an integrated teaching and learning system that offers many resources to better support instructors and prepare students. This manual includes:
- Current information on injuries and illnesses: Core information for first aiders presented in a clear and straightforward format.
- Skill Drills: Offer step-by-step explanations and visual summaries of important skills.
- Emergency Care Wrap-Up Tables: Provide a concise summary of what signs first aiders should look for and what treatment steps they should take.
About the Emergency Care & Safety Institute
The Emergency Care & Safety Institute (ECSI) is an internationally renowned organization that provides training and certifications that meet job-related requirements as defined by regulatory authorities such as OSHA, The Joint Commission, and state offices of EMS, Education, Transportation, and Health. ECSI’s courses are delivered throughout a range of industries and markets worldwide, including colleges and universities, business and industry, government, public safety agencies, hospitals, private training companies, and secondary school systems.
ECSI offers world-class training solutions in the areas of:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Automated External Defibrillation
- Babysitter Safety
- Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens
- CPR (Layperson and Health Care levels)
- Driver Safety
- Emergency Medical Responder (formerly known as First Responder)
- First Aid (Standard, Advanced, Pediatric, Wilderness, and other levels)
- Oxygen Administration